Our photographer on the ground in Blenheim this past week is just breaking into the hunter/jumper universe for the first time, and as we were discussing content options, she hesitantly dances around an idea.
“So, I have all these shots… you probably don’t want them. I mean, they’re not really even of the horses.”
“What is it?”
“Well, I just noticed that for every human at a horse show, there are at least two horses and five dogs. I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.”
“If anything, you’re underestimating. Also, give me all your dog photos.”
It’s high time we all admit that horse shows are as much about the dogs as they are about the horses. The whole thing would be fairly meaningless without a pooch there to see it. They keep your golf cart seat warm, protect the barn row (LOL), and add to the stable decor. They’re the real stars of the show, so let’s get to it.
Go Dogs, Go Blenheim, and Go Jumping!
Need to support sound bones?
Ask your vet about BoneWise.
- Maintains optimal levels of bone density when horses are most at risk for bone loss
- Delivers a readily digestible, natural source of calcium and trace minerals
- Supports enhanced bone mineral content and bone turnover that encourages the swift repair of microdamage
- Supplies yeast cultures that support improved mineral and vitamin digestibility
- Sustains vitamin D at levels necessary for healthy bone development