With that little nip in the air and pumpkin spice flavor abounding, we’re into the heart of indoor season now! Junior Week at the Pennsylvania National Horse Show gets underway today, and we’ve got all the livestreaming details and more to share.
Click Here for the Livestream, courtesy of EqSports.net ($9.95 to stream for the month if you’re not a USHJA member, 50% off if you are.)
Junior Weekend – October 12 – 15:
- Junior Hunters – Small and Large Younger, Small and Large Older; Small and Large 3’3”;
- Small, Medium and Large Pony Hunters;
- Neue Schule Junior Jumper Championships;
- Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Final.
Senior Week – October 16 – 21:
- Professional Hunter divisions to include High Performance Hunter, Green Hunter, Green Conformation Hunter, and Pre-Green Hunter;
- Hunt Night and Parade of Hounds and Ladies Sidesaddle Division;
- North American League Finals (NAL) in Adult and Children Hunters, Adult and Children Jumpers and Low Junior/AO Jumpers;
- Amateur Owner Hunters – Younger and Older 3’6”and Younger and Older 3’3”;
- Jumper Divisions to include U25, Amateur Owner, Open Jumper as well as the marquis classes Dash for the Cash, PA Big Jump, and Keystone Classic.
- On Saturday evening, October 21, the show concludes with the Prix de Penn National Presented by the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund.
Friday, October 20 will also mark the second annual “Foundation Friday” at the Horse Show – a day dedicated to highlighting the work of the PNHS Foundation which provides funding grants for equine therapy and rescue groups. The afternoon schedule includes two Therapeutic Riding Championship classes for qualified riders as well as the “Foundation Therapy Horse of the Year” award. The “Official” prize list will be available on line at www.PAnational.org.
Neue Schule/USEF Junior Jumper National Championships (Prix des States)
You can also watch the Neue Schule/USEF National Junior Jumper Individual and Team Championship portion of the PNHS in Harrisburg via the USEF Netwowork following the schedule below.
The Neue Schule/USEF Junior Jumper National Championships and Prix des States provide an opportunity for U.S. junior riders to compete against their peers over multiple days of competition each fall. The Championship features both the Prix des States Team Competition, with teams fielded by zone, and an individual competition. The team championship will be based on a modified FEI Nation’s Cup™ format and the individual championship will be a multi-round competition. Fence heights will be up to 1.45 m.
Thursday, October 12th
8:15 p.m. ET – Neue Schule/USEF National Junior Jumper Individual Phase #1
Friday, October 13th
8:00 p.m. ET – Neue Schule/USEF Prix des States Team Championship and Individual Phase #2
Saturday, October 14th
2:15 p.m. ET – Neue Schule/USEF Junior Jumper Individual Phase #3
Sunday, October 15th
7:00 a.m. ET – Dover Saddlery / US Hunter Seat Equitation Medal Finals Prelim Round
3:00 p.m. ET (approx.) Final Round