Romain Duguet and Quorida de Treho. PC: Satu Pirinen.
Horse Show Weekend ended on Sunday with the most anticipated class: The season’s second indoor World Cup Qualifier. Another less established candidate made bank on a great weekend, with Frenchman Romain Duguet on Quorida de Treho taking the win in the Longines World Cup 160 cm Presented by Porsche. His first round was fast and clear, and he also managed a fantastic jump-off round in time of 30.96 seconds.
“It is always a nice feeling to win a five star Grand Prix and a world cup competition so I’m really happy with my performance today, Duguet said. “Quorida is a fast horse and today he was unbelievable. I think I was really fast in obstables two and three, and I think that was what made the difference.”
Mathieu Billot and Shiva d´Amaury. PC: Satu Pirinen.
Mathieu Billot on Shiva d’Amaury from France also had two great rounds and placed second with a time of 32.70 in the jump-off.
“I’m happy with my performance this evening and my horse was great. I tried to beat Romain but I couldn’t!” says Billot.
Not too far behind followed Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum with Comanche who was third in the competition.
“Comanche has done very few fast jump-offs because he is an extremely careful horse, but today I thought I wanted to please the crowd here in Helsinki and go fast,” Said Meredith. “Romain did a fantastic round and I knew that his time was not beatable but I thought I would really try my best. I was really happy that I was so closed to the second place and I was also very pleased with my horse today.”
Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum and Comanche. PC: Satu Pirinen.
The feeling during the Helsinki International Porsche Horse Show weekend was again really great, with close to 46,000 visitors altogether during the four days and 7,000 watching the day’s final competition.
Results Sunday 23.10. Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping presented by Porsche, 140 – 160 cm
1) Romain Duguet/Quorida de Treho, SUI 0-0/30,96
2) Mathieu Billot/Shiva d’Amaury, FRA 0-0/32,70
3) Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum/Comanche, GER 0-0/32,78
4) Pieter Devos/Dream of India Greenfield, BEL 0-0/33,92
5) Steve Guerdat/Bianca, SUI 0-0/33,67
6) Marco Kutscher/SIEC Carsten, GER 0-0/34,00
7) Niels Bruynseels/Cas de Liberte, BEL 0-4/31,87
8) Shane Breen/Market Irminka, IRL 0-4/32,26
9) Maikel van der Vleuten/VDL Groep Arera C, NED 0-4/32,26
10) Kevin Staut/Aran, FRA 0-4/32,76
11) Yuri Mansur/Babylotte, BRA 0-4/33,13
12) Olivier Robert/Quenelle du Py, FRA 0-4/33,71