Wellington, FL – February 6, 2016 – Alliy Moyer, of Indianapolis, IN, won three of the four over fences classes aboard Carlson on her way to the Bainbridge Companies Amateur-Owner Hunter 18-35 division championship. Moyer also placed fourth over jumps and first in the under saddle atop the 12-year-old Hanoverian gelding. Vivian Yowan piloted Ransom to the reserve title, placing first, second third and six over fences, and second in the under saddle.
Moyer, a 21-year-old student at the University of Indianapolis, is no stranger to the winner’s circle with her mount Carlson. The pair has numerous championship honors and a USHJA National Hunter Derby win under their belts. As a full-time student, Moyer commutes to Wellington on Thursdays to compete in the Amateur-Owner divisions.
“I have had him for six years, so we know each other really well,” she explained about her longtime partnership with Carlson. “He is kind of like my pet now; I just love him to death.”
“He is so good. He knows what he is supposed to do in the ring and he is just great,” she remarked.
Moyer’s strong bond with Carlson was on full display this weekend, beginning with their two wins over fences on Friday.
“The rounds yesterday were really good,” Moyer stated. “He was just spot on and knew what he was supposed to do. Today he was a little extra fresh than what he normally is, but he still jumped great.”
Moyer, who trains with Tammy Provost, spoils her horses with cookies every morning as incentive to perform their best. “They have all been great this week, so I am really lucky,” Moyer said.
Moyer will continue to show Carlson in the Amateur-Owner Hunters during the WEF circuit. She also plans to compete with him in some of the national derbies this year. “But, we don’t push him too much. Sometimes he’ll just have a few weeks off. He doesn’t really take much prep. He is just a natural,” she said.
WEF 4 competition comes to a close on Sunday, featuring the Palm Beach Adult Medal in ring 8. Jumper competition also concludes with the $216,000 Ariat® CSI 4* Grand Prix taking place in the International Arena at 2:00 p.m. For more information and full results, please visit www.PBIEC.com.
Final Results: $35,000 Suncast® 1.50m Championship Jumper Classic
1. BUCKLE UP: 2006 KWPN gelding by Colandro x Caretino
SHANE SWEETNAM (IRL), The Blue Buckle Group: 0/0/38.93
2. CALLISTO: 2007 KWPN gelding by Quasimodo Z x Jokinal de Bornival
CIAN O’CONNOR (IRL), Ian O’Grady & Philippe de Balander & Ronnoco Jump Ltd: 0/0/39.70
3. ALDINE: 2005 KWPN mare by Vitesse K x Robin Z
JORDAN MACPHERSON (CAN), Sved Stables: 0/4/39.57
4. BINKIE: 2006 KWPN gelding by Larino x Hors La Loi II
DAVID BLAKE (IRL), Pine Hollow Farm: 0/4/44.95
5. ALBERTO II: 2003 Holsteiner gelding by Acorado I x Cassini I
KARA CHAD (CAN), Stone Ridge Farms LLC: 1/77.82
6. CHAKITO: 2006 Oldenburg by Chacco Blue x Padarco
RAMIRO QUINTANA (ARG), Auer Sport Horses LLC: 1/79.58
7. QUICK PETITE FOLIE: 2004 Selle Francais by Calvaro Z x Thoas du Theillet
THOMAS MCDERMOTT (AUS), Gut Einhaus LLC: 2/81.49
8. ISHD DUAL STAR: 2002 Irish Sport Horse mare by Quick Star x Concorde
LAURA CHAPOT (USA), Mary Chapot: 4/69.27
9. CITIZENGUARD CADJANINE Z: 2002 Zangersheide mare by Canabis Z x Feinschnitt I Z
RODRIGO PESSOA (BRA), Alain van Campenhoudt & Rodrigo Pessoa: 4/74.30
10. BRIGHTON: 2006 KWPN gelding by Contender II x Quick Star
TIFFANY FOSTER (CAN), Artisan Farms LLC: 4/74.57
11. PICOLO: 2003 Selle Francais gelding by Diamant de Semilly x Alme
DARRAGH KENNY (IRL), Oakland Ventures LLC: 4/74.89
12. HEROS DE PAPIGNIES Z: 2004 Zangersheide by Heartbreaker
JUAN JOSE ZENDEJAS SALGADO (MEX), Alejandro Zendejas: 4/75.58
Source: Lauren Fisher and Callie Seaman for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.