Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) is pleased to announce that all registered Hunter, Jumper and Dressage horses and competitors who compete at TIEC are automatically covered with ShowPlus® rider protection and equine protection starting August 5, 2020.
What is ShowPlus?
- ShowPlus Protection at TIEC is for Hunter, Jumper, and Dressage classes starting August 5th.
- ShowPlus® is a benevolent benefits program that is IN ADDITION TO your other insurance. It protects against gaps not covered by your health insurance or equine policy, up to a certain amount.
- The benefits are included in your registration – it is automatically activated when you register your horse for a competition during a show week.
- You’re protected during the week of your registered competition, beginning at 12:01am on the day before the official show date and ending at 11:59pm the last day of the show.
- ShowPlus® benefits are for the horse and rider.
- Your horse must be entered by 4pm the day before the class in order to have ShowPlus® benefits available for the day of the class. Late registrants are not eligible for ShowPlus® benefits.
- If you already have personal insurance, ShowPlus is a secondary insurance and operates as a gap coverage up to a certain amount.
- Applies to injuries listed on the benefits schedule to the horse or horse-related injury for the rider while on TIEC property for the registered competition week.
How do I use ShowPlus?
- Following an incident, immediately fill out an incident report at incident.showplus.com.
- If on the showgrounds, look for the Show+ QR code signs around the show rings, which will direct you to the incident report.
- Contact ShowPlus® directly with any questions.
For more information on ShowPlus, click here.