The historic Old Salem Farm Spring Show Series is in full swing, with hunter rounds running earlier in the week and the jumper classes starting today. It’s going to be an incredible weekend of child, amateur and open classes that culminate with a $50,000 Grand Prix Sunday afternoon.
The Jumper portion of the show on the grand prix field is going to be streamed for free on the USEF Network all weekend, and we’ve got the full lineup of events for you here.
Live Broadcast Schedule
Friday, May 13th 2016
8 a.m ET
– $6,500 Open Jumper 1.35m
– $3,000 YJC 7 Year Olds
– $2,000 High Jr/Am 1.40m
– $35,000 New York Welcome Stake
8 a.m. ET
– $2,500 Marshall and Sterling Child Jumper Classic 1.15m
– $2,500 Marshall & Sterling Am Jumper Classic 1.15m
– $15,000 Old Salem Farm Speed Derby
– $5,000 Jr. Jumper Low Classic 1.25m
– $5,000 A/O Jumper Low Classic 1.25m
8 a.m. ET
– $7,000 Jr/Am Jumper Med 1.35m
– $15,000 Jr/Am Jumper High 1.45
– $50,000 Old Salem Farm Grand Prix
The show and facility have been a mainstay in the Northeastern US since it was founded in the 1960s. It was briefly the residence of George Morris early in his teaching career, and was owned and renovated for a time by actors Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward in the late seventies and early eighties, when Paul referred to it as “a bottomless pit”.
After many renovations and investments, it’s maintained its reputation as one of the most exceptional, extravagant, and luxurious equestrian facilities in the world. Don’t miss your chance to get a great streaming education, and swoon over the incredible and historic location this weekend. And if you’re close enough to go in person, don’t you dare dream of missing it!