Exhibitors joined HITS back at Lamplight Equestrian Center for the HITS Chicago Summertime Series featuring top hunter and jumper competition. The series kicked off with a fantastic first week.
Kicking off the week with a one-two finish was Jonathon Millar in the $2,500 Open Welcome on Wednesday, July 1. Millar took home top honors aboard Valinski S in a time of 36.597. Millar also claimed second place with Blossom Z [38.001]. Close behind them in third place were Madelyn Cardelli and Baal Berith [38.108].
Dorothy Douglas joined the Winner’s Circle on Thursday, July 2 aboard MTM Cornada B for her win in the $5,000 Jumper Classic in a time of 45.602. In second place were Lisa Goldman-Smolen and Valladam [48.379]. Mathis Schwentker took third place with Charly-Ann [51.749].
Friday competition featured the $25,000 SmartPak Grand Prix, where Schwentker took home the blue ribbon aboard NKH Caruso in a time of 38.890. In second place were Lauren Balcomb and Verdini D’Houtveld Z [40.784]. Johan Kachelhoffer took third place with Carlos 691 [42.507].
Sharn Wordley on Helios. Photo by ESI.
Already having a great season at HITS Chicago, Sharn Wordley claimed another featured win in the Grand Prix Ring. Wordley rode Helios to a top placing in the $10,000 HITS Open Jumper Prix as he crossed the timers in 38.999. In second place rode Goldman-Smolen and Rarity [40.433]. Kasey Ament and Gaia took third [40.950].
Tracy Fenney on Igor Van de Heibos. Photo by ESI.
A beautiful week came to a wrap with Tracy Fenney leading the way in the $50,000 HITS Grand Prix. Fenney had three in the jump-off and her eye on the prize as she returned for the jump-off with each. As the last to jump-off aboard Igor Van de Heibos, it was Fenney’s final shot at the blue ribbon and a time of 41.381 secured just that! Close behind were Wordley and Esmee, who claimed second place [41.656]. In third were Douglas with MTM Chelsea 98 [43.339].
Carlee McCutcheon and Halo. Photo by ESI.
Carlee McCutcheon and Halo took home first place in the $2,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby. Scores of 87 and 88 for a two-round total of 175 would secure top honors for this team. Meghan Kaupp and Jetson rode to second place , while Traci Ribeiro took third with Abudabi [165.5].
Additional Jumper Highlights:
- $1,000 M&S/WIHS Children’s & Adult Jumper Classic: Charlie Kemper and Italia
- $1,000 NAL Children’s & Adult Jumper Classic: Rebecca Gutstein and Chicago Van Overis Z
- $1,000 M&S Modified Children’s & Adult Jumper Classic: Madelyn McDowell and Dio Mio
- $1,000 Dever M&S Children’s & Adult Jumper Classic: Hilary Dossett and Rochidee
- $2,500 Chicago Equine Jr/A-O/Am 1.25m Jumper Classic: Charlise Casas and Rembrandt Blue
- $5,000 Pyranha Jr/A-O/Am 1.35m Jumper Classic: Kady Abrahamson and Castello D
- $7,500 Jr/A-O/Am 1.40m Jumper Classic: Kyle Perkovich and Hit Me Van’t Zorgvliet
Additional Hunter Highlights:
- $1,000 USHJA Green Incentive: John French and Babylon
- $1,000 AIG Junior/Amateur-Owner Hunter Classic: Elianna Kirson and Candor
- $500 SmartPak M&S Children’s/Adult Hunter Classic: Amy Muslin and Eileen
For a complete listing of class results from the HITS Chicago Summertime Series I, click here. The Summertime Series and Equifest Series feature weekly National Hunter Derbies, bi-weekly Grand Prix, and more. If you have not already done so, please email the Stabling Manager and confirm your stall counts for the summer shows at Lamplight Equestrian Center. As the HITS Chicago Series continues, management’s goal is to ensure a safe and enjoyable for everyone. To do so, please review the HITS Quick Tips and HITS Horse Show Protocol online here prior to your arrival to the horse show.