At HITS Saugerties, Week III of the Great American Summer Series, presented by Alliant Private Client, was host to the first of two World Champion Hunter Rider weeks, the $200,000 Voltaire Grand Prix and a $10,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby. HITS congratulates all featured class winners and division champions this week, and looks forward to Summer Series IV coming up this week in the ‘Heart of the Hudson Valley’!
Taking home the blue ribbon in the $5,000 HITS Open Welcome was Diego Perez Bilbao and Imagine Van De Hermitage in a time of 43.589. In second place were Quentin Judge and HH Bresil De Riverland [44.034], and in third place rode Peter Lutz with Chicago Hof Eversem Z [45.532].
Thursday’s featured class in the Grand Prix Stadium was the $10,000 HITS 1.40m Jumper Classic where Rodrigo Pessoa and Farrero secured first place in a time of 40.093. Laura Chapot and Out of Ireland took second place [40.155]. Jordan Coyle and Essenar Crixus took third [40.664].
Nayel Nassar on Oaks Redwood. Photo by ESI.
Nayel Nassar and Oaks Redwood flew to the top placing in the $25,000 SmartPak Grand Prix on Friday, July 17 as they crossed the timers in 44.749. McLain Ward and Imagine Van De Hermitage galloped to second place, while Bliss Heers and Antidote De Mars were close behind to take third [45.744].
Saturday, July 18 featured the $10,000 Saugerties Steamboat Co. Jumper Classic where Lauren Fischer rode GK California to first place in a time of 53.398. Adrienne Sternlicht took second place with Pembroke [54.849], and Perez Bilbao took third with Harina Touch W [56.494].
Jordan Coyle on Eristov. Photo by ESI.
Coyle has been on fire at the Great American Summer Series. With a one-two finish in last week’s $100,000 HITS Grand Prix, he continued his hot streak taking the win again this week in the $200,000 Voltaire Grand Prix, laying down the fastest time in the jump-off of 43.117 aboard Eristov. Close behind were Scott Keach with Fedor, who claimed second place [43.669]. Sternlicht and Benny’s Legacy rounded out the podium in third [44.326].
On Saturday afternoon, Hunter riders showed up and showed off in the Grand Prix Stadium for the $1,500 Platinum Performance Hunter Prix and the $10,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby.
Up first was the $1,500 Platinum Performance Hunter Prix, where Junior and Amateur riders competed for the top prize. The blue ribbon ride was awarded to Alexa Bayko and Canoletto for their scores of 86 and 83, totaling a 169. Dylan Bazaar piloted Nashville to second place . Christina Kourgelis rode Cayetano to third [158.5].
Hannah Isop on Sincerely. Photo by ESI.
After a top finish in last weeks $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby, Hannah Isop returned to take first place in the $10,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby aboard Sincerely. Isop scored a 91 in the Hunter Classic round and a 92 in the Handy Hunter round for a two-round total of 183. Cassandra Kahle rode Corragio to a second place finish . Geoffrey Hesslink and Luminosity took third [177.5].
Additional Jumper Highlights:
- $7,500 M&S Children’s/Adult High
Jumper Classic: Kimberly Corts and Dartani
- $1,000 Harcour M&S Children’s & Adult Jumper Classic – Low: Camille Sinturel and Memphis Blues
- $250 M&S Children’s & Adult Modified Jumper Classic: Casey Zuraitis and KT Guarenteed
- $2,500 Jr/A-O/Am 1.25m Jumper Classic: Amy Shafmaster and Basje
- $5,000 Pyranha Jr/A-O/Am 1.35m Jumper Classic: Kaitlyn McCann and La Belle Van Hagem
- $7,500 Jr/A-O/Am 1.45m Jumper Classic: Carolina Drummond and Joules VD Hooghhoeve
Additional Hunter Highlights:
- $1,000 Eastern Hay Amateur-Owner 3’3″ Hunter Classic: Sophie Cohen and Christopher Robin
- $1,000 Junior 3’3″ Hunter Classic: Anna Leighton and E-Jazz
- $1,000 Jr/A-O 3’6″ Hunter Classic: Kelly Tropin and Chablis
- $1,000 Perfect Products Pony Hunter Classic: Erin Morera and Stole the Show
- $500 M&S SmartPak Adult Hunter Classic: Caroline Lloyd and Cartello Z
- $500 M&S Child Hunter Classic – Horse: Kaylin Sculthorpe and Mr. Blue Sky
- $500 M&S Child Hunter Classic – Pony: Isabella Roman and Cacique
- $250 M&S Bit O’ Straw Hunter Classic: Abigail Braese and Grayson
- M&S Novice Adult Hunter Classic: Braese and Grayson
- M&S Novice Child Hunter Classic: Tea Zegarac-Pollock and Braveheart
Full full class results, click here. HITS thanks exhibitors for continuing to comply with the health and safety measures being implemented including, social distancing, wearing of masks, and hand washing. As the Great American Summer Series continues, please be sure you review all protocols outlined in the HITS Horse Show Protocol online here prior to your arrival at the show grounds.