Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) is thrilled to begin kicking off its summer horse shows soon, starting with Traverse City Spring Horse Show June 17-28, followed by Great Lakes Equestrian Festival July 1 – August 9. TCHS has refined its COVID-19 protocol for the safety of all participating in competition, and management has advised all entering Flintfields Horse Park for the competitions to please read the protocol IN FULL prior to arriving.
Photo by TCHS.
Highlights of the protocol include:
- Face masks must be worn by all at the venue unless mounted on a horse
- Gloves are required in wash areas and schooling arenas to set jumps (trainers are responsible for distributing gloves/face masks to their clients)
- Social distancing will be enforced by safety coordinators/TCHS staff
- Maximum number of people accompanying a horse to the ring is four (rider, trainer, groom, parent)
- Maximum number of two people per schooling jump and please be on opposite sides
- Stabling access is restricted to essential personnel only (riders, trainers, grooms, veterinarians, and the like)
To view the complete protocol (updated as of June 12), click here.
To learn more about Traverse City Horse Shows, view prize lists, and schedules, click here.