The following letter was released on July 13 from Robert Ridland, President of Blenheim EquiSports. Blenheim EquiSports holds incredible equestrian competition at Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park (San Juan Capistrano, CA), Del Mar Horse Park (Del Mar, CA), and South Point Equestrian Arena (Las Vegas, NV).
After a brief hiatus, the weekly newsletter is back again! On Saturday July 11, Hillary’s NO SHOW was a resounding success and it was gratifying to witness the level of protocol compliance on behalf of all the exhibitors. Moving forward, at 8:00am this morning we will be in the final stretch…48 hours and counting until the official start of the first USEF horse show since September in San Juan Capistrano!
As a result of the uptick in the California COVID-19 numbers over the past week, the County and State requirements have been made even more stringent than they were before. We are operating under the protocol requirements for “professional sports without live audiences,” and that stipulation is meant to be taken literally…no spectators! Our event will be strictly monitored by the authorities, and photographic evidence of non-essential spectators watching the action or people violating the mask policy could jeopardize the existence of the horse show. What we found at the NO SHOW was that occasionally people slipped into their old habits and unintentionally violated the social distancing and mask policy. In those instances however, all it took was a smile and a polite “nudge” to remind them of the policy and of the serious consequences to the sport if the event is shut down. It will be greatly appreciated if all of us can keep a watchful eye out for one another and make it our collective responsibility to encourage compliance.
Photo by McCool Photography.
Regarding the upcoming Blenheim Summer Festival this week (July 15-19 at Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park), here are a few reminders:
- Please remember to complete the online release for this week’s show prior to arrival.
- Please review and familiarize yourself with all the current COVID-19 protocols.
- Allow ample time for the check-in process. Each day you will receive a wristband and have your temperature checked prior to entering the facility.
- Upon arrival in your car, please have your mask on and your waiver confirmation code ready, in order to expedite the check-in procedure.
- As a reminder, shower trailers are not available on the grounds.
- Until further notice, braiding is optional.
We’re ready. See you this week!
President, Blenheim EquiSports
To learn more about Blenheim EquiSports and view prize lists, click here.