Now more than ever, the Vermont Summer Festival management team is dedicated to the health and welfare of all human and equine athletes competing at the six-week event from June 30 – August 9 in East Dorset, VT. Show organizers are working diligently with the USEF as well as local and state government officials to ensure all health and safety protocols are closely followed in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the meantime, competitors can review the following checklist to ensure that their horses are ready to compete at this year’s Vermont Summer Festival.
Vermont Summer Festival Pre-Show Checklist
√ My horses have been vaccinated per my veterinarian’s recommendation
√ I have completed the Vermont Summer Festival Vaccination Declaration
√ I have proof of a negative Coggins test obtained within 12 months
√ I have obtained a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) dated within 30 days of picking up my back number listing Vermont Summer Festival as the point of destination and 3028 Route 7, East Dorset, Vermont as the physical destination. (Click here to learn about alternative options)
√ My horses have been microchipped according to USEF standards with an ISO 11784/11785 compliant microchip, and I have the 15-digit code for my records. (Click here to learn more about microchipping)
√ I have completed the U.S. Center for SafeSport Training and/or the SafeSport Refresher Training required annually (18 and older only). (Click here to complete your training)
√ I have reviewed the Vermont Summer Festival Equine Health Protocol completely
Photo by Andrew Ryback Photography.
Vermont Summer Festival 2020 Highlights:
- “Equitation Tuesdays” Weeks 1-6
- $5,000 3’3″ NEHJA Hunter Derbies each Thursday Weeks 1-5
- $15,000 3’3” NEHJA Hunter Derby Thursday of Week 6
- World Champion Hunter Rider (WCHR) during Week 3
- Marshall & Sterling League “Gold Circle Show” (triple points) Weeks 1 and 2
- $10,000 Open Jumper Welcome each Thursday Weeks 1-6
- $5,000 1.25m Open Jumper Classic each Saturday Weeks 1-6
- $30,000 Grand Prix each Saturday Weeks 1-5
- $50,000 Grand Prix Saturday of Week 6